Monday, January 17, 2011

Back to the Basics

I have this taped up in my room and at the office where I can see it every single day. For me, it is comforting to be reminded of the plain and simple truths. In the complicated lives we lead, through all of the ups and downs, twists and turns, sometimes it helps just to get back to the basics. Sometimes... the basics are all we need.

Every so often, push the chaos to the side, even if just for a moment, and just remember:

My dear child,

I love you (John 15:9). I have called you by name; you are mine (Isaiah 43:1). Before I formed you, I knew you. And before you were born, I consecrated you (Jeremiah 1:5). You did not choose me, I chose you (John 15:16). Because you are precious to me, and honored, I love you (Isaiah 43:4). I have loved you with an everlasting love and I will continue my constant love (Jeremiah 31:3). How can I abandon you? My love for you is too strong (Hosea 11:8). I love you so much that I hung on the cross at Calvary. I died for you, and if you believe in Me, you will have everlasting life (John 3:16). Can a woman forget her own baby and not love the child she bore? Yet even should she forget, I will never forget you. I cannot forget you. I formed you in the palm of my hands (Isaiah 49:15-16). I am with you always until the end of the world (Matthew 28:20). Do not let you heart be troubled, trust in me (John 14:1). I will help you (Isaiah 41:13) When you pass through the deep waters, I will be with you. Your troubles will not overwhelm you (Isaiah 43:2). When you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, do not be afraid because I am with you. My rod and my staff will comfort you. I will lead you in the path of righteousness (Psalm 23). I will give you peace in the midst of a storm. Don't let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid (John 14:27). The peace I give surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7). My eyes are upon you and I will give you hope, for I am merciful (Psalm 33:18). You will have access to my grace and rejoice in hope while sharing in the glory of my Father (Romans 5:2). You may have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice and no one will take your joy from you (John 16:22). Do not worry (Luke 12:9). Even the hairs on your head have all been counted, so there is no need to be afraid of anything (Matthew 10:30). The mountains may depart and the hills will be shaken but my steadfast love for you will never end (Isaiah 54:10). Come unto me, all who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28). I will be true and faithful. I will show you constant love and make you mine forever. I will keep my promise, and you will really know me then as never before. I am the Lord your God (Hosea 13:4).

Your Faithful Friend,
Jesus

No comments: