Friday, August 8, 2008

Full Circle

When I stumbled upon a college friend's mom's blog and became surprisingly addicted to her posts I decided I would take a shot at it. My own blog, why not? I have enough to say, right? I guess there is only one way to find out... deep breath.

The first thought that enters my head as I begin to write is, "I wonder how many people who keep journals, blogs, etc, actually write what they are thinking?" and I don't mean the 4th grade diary entry of "here's what happened to me today". I mean those thoughts that occur, mostly in passing, which define us as individuals. Unfortunately, no matter how unknowingly definitive these thoughts may be, they are gone before we truly have a chance to find out where our mind was going. I often have thoughts like these, so instead of letting them drift off into the deep, forgotten depths of my mind, I decided to write them down.

That is the purpose this blog will serve. It will be a place where disarray and confusion will continually show their ugly faces, and when I look back on most of what I have written, it won't make a bit of sense. But, in the end, I will know that at some point in my life every bit of it made sense to me and that will inevitably bring it all full circle.

Until then...


"The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He awakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught."
-Isaiah 50:4

No comments: